Another pretty good day, punctuated by the realization that today marks three Mondays in a row I haven't tormented myself with "__ weeks ago today, Lucy passed." Prayer officially answered. Guess I'm now marking the grace of forgetting instead. Not forgetting Lucy — not on your life — but forgetting to torture myself with such thoughts.
A few things I'm appreciating today:
- Hopping back in the Weight Watchers and training saddles. Proud of myself for allowing a necessary 1-month break without self-recrimination (or gain), and for getting back in the groove when it was time.
- A peaceful, invigorating trail run with Silas through warm pine-scented woods.
- The bubbling of unexpected emotions while sharing at an AA meeting. After, holding hands with two of my favorite men. Feeling anchored between them.
- Hearing one of those men say, "I try to look for God's best at work in my life." Love that.
- Cooking with fresh rosemary.
- Tonight's dinner, pictured above. YUM! Chicken breasts liberally sprinkled with Herbes de Provence, browned, then baked at 350° for one hour with rice, chicken broth, carrots, garlic and chickpeas. My current favorite one-pot meal!
- Cuddling a sleepy Silas.