How did you reach outside your comfort zone this week?
This week unfurled a series of small yet consistently meaningful stretches...
- Asking payment for work a friend commissioned and, surprisingly, not being swayed by his surprise
- Inviting a new friend for a walk through the park
- Closing zena moon a day early (today, folks -- YAY!) to ensure I have no work after this weekend's retreat
- Getting my decidedly out-of-shape butt back in the swimming pool
- Reaching out for help yesterday by calling two friends
What's striking to me is how this series of small, isolated stretches add up to BIG self-care. I am feeling truer to myself, which is an unfamilar yet desperately welcome state of being.
Baby steps, or micromovements as SARK calls them, matter every bit as much as giant leaps. The soul doesn't measure or weigh our momentum. It just celebrates it.